Purple Dumpster and it’s sister company Halton Container take safety seriously and we are passionate about bringing the best service to our operation and customer so no one is ever hurt or harmed.
To that end we encourage you to review these safety tips as you start your clean up project or debris or garbage removal effort.
1. Start be ensuring that you wear appropriate safety garments when our handle debris or garbage that will be disposed of in the dumpster you rent from us. Wear work gloves, foot and eye protection and work clothes.
2. Ensure that the clothing is comfortable and breathable and yet protects you from catches, scratches and snags.
3. Be clear about what can be placed in a dumpster and never dump toxic or hazardous waste in your dumpster. If you are unsure please call us. Our staff will be glad to provide a list of allowable materials that can be placed in the bin.
4. In order to avoid injury from falling debris, the units should not be loaded to the brim. This is important while the dumpster is being loaded by your but also when the dumpster is being transported. Flying or falling debris can been extremely dangerous.
5. Fill your dumpster rental evenly to avoid spills or overflow when it’s loaded to our drop off and pick up vehicles.
6. Avoiding overfills is especially important if heavy junk or debris items are being loaded
7. The bin rentals should not be filled with toxic and flammable items.
8. Don’t position a dumpster near electricity lines to prevent electrocution. Our staff will expertly place the dumpster at an appropriate location at your home or work site.
9. Do not attempt to move the dumpster. Call us if this is required
10. To avoid harm to children and/or pets, keep them away from the dumpster.
11. Keep the area around the bin clear and clean to prevent contamination or injury.
12. Do not put the dumpster on concrete floors. These can break under its weight as it is loaded. Our staff will ensure correct placement.
13. We aware of any local rules or neighbourhood restrictions that may affect where you can position your dumpster rental.
14. Do not block access to the dumpster so that our truck can reach the bin so it can be loaded safely.
If you have any questions about the safety of your dumpster rental call Purple Dumpster and our expert staff will be happy to answer any concerns or questions that you may have: 905-299-1024